ALWAYS sign in items you donate at the Charity table.
QUILTS, AFGHANS, PILLOWCASES: Cheryl Nash, Elsie Mackey
Bring quilts, afghans, and pillowcases to the monthly guild meeting, or make arrangements with Cheryl Nash or Elsie Mackey to drop them off.
Quilts and Afghans – donated to Project Linus or other charities.
- You are always welcome and encouraged to make them (baby size, lap size, or bed size) using your own fabrics.
- The Charity Committee may also have tops and kits (completed top, batting, backing and binding) available for quilting and finishing. Simply sign out the top or kit and sign it in when you return it.
Pillowcases - donated to Ryan's Case for hospitalized children.
- The pillowcases must be standard size and can be as elaborate or simple as desired. Make them from brightly colored cotton.
- Instructions for the "Hot Dog / Sausage" method follow and are also available at the Charity table.
NICU HEARTS, PREEMIE HATS: Coleen Walter
Give NICU hearts and preemie hats directly to Coleen Walter, or coordinate with her to drop them off at the charity table at the guild meeting.
NICU Hearts – donated to Neonatal Intensive Care Units
at Edwards and Prentiss Hospitals.
- NICU hearts must be made in flannel, in pairs. The mother wears one heart, which is then given to the baby to share the mom’s scent. The hearts are needed in pairs so the mom can wear one while the baby is exposed to the other.
Preemie Hats - donated to various NICU units
CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS: Deb Garner
Give stockings directly to Deb Garner, or coordinate with her to drop them off at the charity table at the guild meeting.
Stockings are donated to Sharing Connections for needy children.
- We do a major kickoff in a "Christmas in July" announcement, but you are welcome to make them anytime.
- In 2022, kits available at the charity table are cut with the Accuquilt Santa Stocking Die. See instructions below.
DOLL QUILTS AND PILLOWS: Gail Trainor
Give these directly to Gail Trainor, or coordinate with her to drop them off at the charity table at the guild meeting.
Doll bedding is donated with beds made by the DuPage Woodworkers Guild.
ALUMINUM PULL TABS: Lois Flood
Give tabs directly to Lois Flood, or coordinate with her to drop them off at the charity table at the guild meeting.
Tabs are donated to the Ronald McDonald House.
- There is a jar to deposit these tabs at the charity table